It can seem a long time until Friday and the next Bumps & Babies meeting. If you need some inspiration after visiting the park for the 10th time in a week, take a look below…
And if you fancy some company, you can always join the Facebook Group and invite other mums and dads along.
- Plekcheck – search for your closest playgrounds; from the large ones with many things to do to the small ones that are always open but sometimes hidden by rows of houses and not noticeable unless you live right next to them
- ‘t Waaygaat, Scheveningen – Free entry. Tram 1 or Bus 23, stop Badhuiskade. Open Tues to Sun 9am-5pm
- Het Akkertje, Rijswijk – Free entry. Open weekdays 10:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:00, weekends 12:00-15.30
- Boerderij ‘t Geertje, Zoeterwoude – Open Monday-Saturday 10:00-17:30, Sunday 11:00-17:00
- And many others all over the Hague: See here for details
- Overbosch – Separate children’s pool. Baby swim lessons on Thurs 9.00-9.30. € 5,20
- De Blinkerd, Scheveningen – Family swimming – Sun 10.30-12.30 and Tues 9.00-12.00
- De Waterthor – Parent and baby swim lessons, Sat mornings, € 5,20
- Sterrenbad, Wassenaar – Baby swimming lessons Mon and Thurs 10.30-11.00
- Kids Eiland in the Mega Stores has a baby area, but it can get overrun by older kids at busy times. There seems to be some confusion over prices – should be in region of €4.50 for one parent + baby.
- De Ballebak, in Zoetermeer, but easily accessible by tram (2 mins walk from Voorweg Laag stop on Lines 3 & 4). Free entry for babies under 1. Large baby area, and outdoor play space too. Brilliant on quiet weekdays – less suitable for babies at busier times.
- Place4Kidz in Wateringen (Short walk from end of tram lines 16 and 17)
- Kids Playground in Delft. Open Weds to Sunday.
Lessons and classes
- The Little Gym – Parent and child movement and activity classes from 4 months onwards in Voorburg (tram 2 route). Free taster sessions available.
- Grace Music – Kindermusik classes for 0-18 months. Saturday mornings at Het Klokhuis, Celebesstraat 4, 2585 TJ.
- Music Buds – Music classes for children age 3 months onwards. Saturday mornings near Overbosch swimming pool.
- Karlando – Music playgroups in Voorburg for babies 3 months and over.
- MiniMusic – Weekly music classes for babies and young children. Sunday mornings in Valkenboskwatier
- Maha Motion ‘Mama got Moves!’ – morning dance classes for mums and babies (age 0-12months)
- Draag & Dans ~ Carry & Dance – Move together with your baby, in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Babyconcertjes – A series of live music performances for you and your baby (age 0-2 years). Tickets: €12 per adult including tea or coffee and cake – babies come free! Family ticket (two adults plus baby/babies) €20. Children from age 3 €2.50.
- Toddlers’ Concerts at De Nieuwe Regentes Theatre – Singing, dance, games and music that corresponds with your child’s development. They are busy with music, but at the same time learn new words and stories and expand their physical possibilities. Every Wednesday morning, 10am. Tickets €5 per child. No entrance fee for the accompanying grown-ups.
Baby Friendly Cafes
- Koffie en Kind – Cafe/playgroup with large play area on Laan van Poot. €3.50 per child, free for under 6 months. Open weekday mornings during school term time. Check site for details.
- Het Gouden Konijn – good food, place for kids to play with lots of toys and very nice staff
- Sealife Centre, Scheveningen – Babies especially love the underwater tunnel. For parents there is the child-friendly Binky Bear restaurant. Entry €15.50 per adult (€13.50 if tickets bought online), children under 3 – free. If you’re local it’s probably worth buying a year pass – it’s about the price of two visits. A good option for those dull rainy days.
- Mirror Maze, Scheveningen – More than 100 mirrors set in colourful coral arches and arches made of ship’s timber, with dozens of tints, passages, where there is no end in sight, a meters deep echoing well……. and dozens of reflections of you! Entry €4.25 per person.
- Madurodam – Holland in minature. Really for slightly older kids, but some babies love watching the trains, cars and boats go round. All outdoors so not a good winter option. Adults €14.50, free for children under 3. 10% discount if you buy ahead online. Season tickets are available.
- Het Geertje – Children’s farm, as mentioned above. Ride a pony, feed the goats… Near Zoetermeer. Only accessible by car or bike.
- Blijdorp Zoo – Rotterdam.